Our Channel: www.youtube.com/user/stylefilmer)
I filmed this nearing the end of January 2012.
The sharpness and quality of my new camera (Canon Rebel T3i) is INCREDIBLE!!! I am absolutely in LOVE with it!!!!!! I will be carrying my camera wherever I go now!!!
Filming today for my cousin’s fashion blog went very smoothly. I decided to fasten my camera onto a tripod and move the camera around on it rather than holding the actual cam in my hands. I find that the shots are a LOT more smooth way. So that’s a tip for anybody who’d like to get into low budget filming.
It was getting dark today and as I have said in my last 2 posts, I absolutely DESPISE shooting indoors. I was trying to figure out ways to NOT shoot indoors and as I said earlier also, if I REALLY wanted something, I would find a way to do it. And today, I REALLY wanted to film something. So I found myself multiple locations that I never thought of filming at that had really good lighting outside. One was outside in front of the grocery store under the hallway lights. Another one was outside of a bank under the bright lights that surrounded the building( I happen to choose this location in the end). Another was under the bright street/parking lamps (that didn’t really work because it was NOT bright enough, unfortunately).
Today I learned:
- Not to be too hasty and move around too fast with the tripod. I noticed that my panning is a lot quicker now because of how easy it is to handle, which isn’t what I was going for.
- To put more effort and plan out how I will edit the shots.
- To film in order so it makes it easier for me to organize and edit.
- To think of more variety for the shots, how to innovate my videos and make them more interesting. I don’t like sticking in the same patterns over and over.
- TO REVIEW AND CHECK MY FOOTAGE ON THE CAM BEFORE I END THE SHOOT. IN case I need to re shoot it because some footage might be too shakey to work with…
- Pay more attention and detail to the background and symmetry of the shot
- I must not go onto facebook whilst waiting for the video to render. It’s a waste of my time and I always get sidetracked for way longer than I plan. I will do something productive like read my textbooks or articles instead.
- REMEMBER TO UPLOAD IT ON THE RIGHT CHANNEL. -__-
I hope you enjoy it!