Music: Ghost Kollective – Layla Jones
( http://ccmixter.org/people/Ghost_k )
The point of this video is to show-off/showcase my cousin’s outfit. I film for for her fashion blog (style2bones.blogspot) as my side project (www.youtube.com/user/stylefilmer)to give her an advantage and make her stand out amongst other fashion bloggers because fashion bloggers usually just have photos of their outfit. But as for my cousin she has BOTH photos AND film. It’s a side project of mine that I have a lot of fun doing! I have improved a lot ever since the first video I shot for her back in October/November 2011 too.
This time around though I’m not quite happy with the shots. I wasn’t in the mood to film because the area we were shooting in was just frustrating to work with (the backdrop kept on falling down).
My hands were also not very stable that day (thus the shakey shots).
But other than that I’m becoming better and more efficient at editing! It doesn’t take me very long anymore! It’s only been the second day too! I can’t wait to see how efficient and pro I will get on day 30! I’m super excited!
Also, I feel SO SO SO PRODUCTIVE with all of this filming and editing! This is the second day in the row and that is usually unheard of from me! The most I had ever edited in a week was 2 times! I will be breaking THAT record tomorrow, by filming/editing for the 3rd time this week! WOO HOO! I am very proud of myself and progress! ^___^
Today I learned:
- That I love shooting people a lot more than anything else I’ve tried so far….. There is just something so fascinating with human being interaction and movement and everything…
- To try out and move with the camera on the tripod whenever I do any kind of panning. I think it will help stabilize the camera and give me smoother less shaky shots.
- To invest in some good lighting. I hate working with fluorescent lights (normal light bulbs in households). It makes the shots all yellow and gross looking.
- To actually plan out how I would be doing the video so that I get more quality and detail down.
- To shoot earlier in the day so that we don’t have to shoot indoors. Indoor shots are annoying and I barely have any room to move around.
- To be more creative with my shots. I NEED to figure out less cliche/generic angles to use.
- To add in more movement around the subject not just panning up and down to make it look more interesting.